1. Three things that I would like for my students to understand are:
- Google Translate is not always an appropriate resource
- do not post anything anywhere if you consider it private information. Once it's on the internet, you can't take it back.
- be sure that you understand the internet and social media aren't just toys, they can also be tools and you should educate yourself on how to use them to their full capability.
2. Atomic Learning and Digiteen look like good sites that will help students understand the importance of good digital citizenship.
3. The resource websites would be a good starting point, and then I can just emphasize at the beginning of each semester the 3 points above that are most important or applicable in my class.
4. The items listed above can be on my teacher website and also in the syllabus. The discussion points can be presented at Back to School night or in an reminder email at the semester.